She came into our lives for seven short week and left footprints on hearts that time cannot erase

She came into our lives for seven short week and left footprints on hearts that time cannot erase

Just a Cloud Away...

After the worst has happened with nothing left to fear

The sun continues shining with undiminished cheer

Winds continue blowing, skies continue fair
Our hearts continue bearing, the deepest of despair

Without you sweet Haylee, our family feels incomplete
Someday soon we'll meet again... and sing at Father's feet.




.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday!!!

Super bowl Sunday... What an exciting day for sports!! I am sooooo looking forward to seeing Freddy at work, and spending some time with him as we watch the big game. Rylee and I have already had a very eventful morning. We went to church with my mom, and we actually made it there on time. The message today was so awesome, and spoke right to my heart. The pastor talked about how although the circumstances might not change, we may still find peace when Our Heavenly Father is in our life. I thought how very true these words are. I know that as much as I would like too, I will never be able to bring Haylee back. However if I live my life with the Lord in my heart, it is possible to find happiness amongst what seems like utter despair. If anyone knows the pain of losing a child, He does. This "game" of life is not over, perhaps it is only halftime. Even though I may have been running the wrong direction, with the Lord by my side it is never to late to turn around and stick it out to the finish line. There is still much of life left to be lived, and I am faithful in Him that I truly do have a purpose here.

Rylee had a wonderful time in Sunday School. I guess she wanted to say prayers for snack time... "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. May angels watch me through the night, and keep me in there blessed sight. Amen." I guess she doesn't quite grasp the concept that this is her prayer for bedtime. The teacher said she was so excited... and that it was really cute. I guess mommy's next mission is to teach her a prayer for meal time. She really is such a little doll. When we got home from seeing all of the "beautiful princesses" at Disney on Ice, she lied down in mommy and daddy's bed for a little nap. I asked her if I could lie down with her.... "No" she said... "I think you need to go clean my house." She never stops cracking me up. Thank you Lord for a wonderful morning, a beautiful daughter, and such a loving mom. I pray that it continues to be a fabulous day.....

1 comment:

  1. Si--- I am in awe of your amazing Faith and strength, and Rylee's wisdom. I continue to pray for you, as I pray to learn from you, as we all learn from Haylee, and now Michael. I love you.... and like the song says, "i can only imagine"..... <3

    ReplyDelete